| Home >>|
PMP Application Process
An applicant applying for PMP credential can either apply online or by mail.
PMI strongly recommends the use of online method for applying. The e-mail address entered in the application form is the one that is used for communication, so it should be entered correctly.
- Online application processing takes five business days and the candidate has 90 days in which to complete the application online.
- By mail, the application processing time may vary from ten business days for indiciduals to 20 business days for corporations. The application can be mailed to Global Operations Center.
After the application has been processed, PMI sends an electronic notification to pay the credential fees. The examination cannot be scheduled until the payment is made. The candidate needs to complete four steps on receiving the notification:
- Select examination delivery method
- Request language aid, if needed
- Request special accommodations, if needed
- Submit payment
Upon receiving the payment, PMI will send an electronic notification which can be either of the following:
On receiving the notification to schedule the examination, the candidate has one year in which to take the examination. If the application has been selected for audit, instructions for the same will be given. No matter which manner the application has been sent, the payment can be made either:
- Instructions to schedule your examination
- Informing that the application has been selected for audit process
- online using credit card which is faster mehod or
- mailing a check or money order, or wire payment to the PMI Global Operations Center along with the candidate's PMI indentification number and username.
The PMP credentials are valid for three years after which the candidate has to participate in Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) program.
PMP Project Management ProfessionalPMP GlossaryPMP EligibilityPMP Credential ProcessPMP Application ProcessPMP Exam FeesPMP Exam Fees PaymentPMP Audit ProcessPMP Exam InformationPMP Exam SchedulingPMP Exam Special AccommodationPMP Exam Cancellation/ReschedulingPMP Fee RefundPMP Exam CentersPMP Exam Site RequirementPMP Exam Site Dont'sPMP ConfidentialityPMP Exam ResultPMP Re-examinationPMP Examination AppealsOn Passing PMP Exam SuccessfullyPMP Continuing Certification RequirementsPMP Retired Status
About PMP examPMP tutorial
What is pdu
Professional Development Units (PDUs).
PDUs are used to quantify approved professional development activities. Typically, you earn one PDU for one hour (60 minutes) spent in a planned, structured professional development activity.